Chiropractic for Athletes in Milpitas
Feeling your best starts with exercise
The Olympics are an unparalleled display of the power of sports in the human experience. We watch these athletes, who have dedicated their entire lives to their sport, reach for the pinnacle of perfection. But the greater extrapolation that we see is the happiness and sportsmanship inherent in each event; it shows us that sports, and even simple exercise, are incredibly important for maintaining a high level of well being. There is a neurological reason for this, including:
- the release of endorphins, which fight stress and pain, and make you feel happier
- the release of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, a protein that has a restorative effect on brain function.
These two factors are why we often feel a reset-effect after exercising. So we can agree that the pursuit of exercise is important- how can chiropractors help athletes maximize their musculoskeletal advantage?
Chiropractic treatment is important for athletes
Our objective is to maximize the benefits of exercise while mitigating the wear and tear. Here is how chiropractic supports the athletes of our community:
- Fighting wear and tear: the long term effects of sports injuries are hard to fathom. We make sure that your sport doesn’t take a toll that comes back to bite you later on.
- Decreasing pain post-exercise: joints and muscles take on a lot of stress during exercise that carries the potential for pain. Chiropractic’s hands-on treatments help to turn this pain into gain!
- Preventing and treating injuries without drugs: natural modalities maintain spinal alignment and help you overcome common athletic injuries in a natural manner.
- Increasing range of motion: important for both athletic performance and injury prevention.
Chiropractic for athletes in Milpitas
At Family Chiropractic & Natural Healing Center, we help athletes maximize the good and minimize the bad inherent in their sport. We want to help you improve athletic performance, prevent injury and undo the wear and tear so that you can keep pushing forward in your sport. If you are interested in using our natural modalities to improve your athletic performance, give our office in Milpitas a call to schedule an appointment today.