Chiropractic for Tennis Players in Milpitas
Tennis encourages unique stresses on the body
Tennis is a sport that people the world over use for fun, friendship and fitness. For being a low-impact sport in terms of physical contact, it is actually quite a high-impact sport in terms of detriment to the joints. As a sport that involves a lot of unique movements, it places unique stresses at local points in the body, as well as increasing the level of stress on your body as a whole. Chiropractic is a modality that understands the unique demands of tennis, and one that helps people maintain a high level of performance while lowering their chance for injury. Let’s take a look at chiropractic‘s role in the great game of tennis.
How tennis affects the body
Tennis involves a lot of movement that is both fitness inducing and injury causing:
- Sheering forces on the lower extremities confer stress on the load-bearing joints in the legs and lower back.
- Repetitive motion: certain parts of the body receive more stress, more frequently. This accelerates the incursion of wear and tear on the spinal joints for example.
- Ballistic motion: places an inordinate amount of stress on the joints in the upper extremities and affects spinal joints in the thoracic and cervical region.
- Twisting motion: presents challenges to spinal stability and increases the amount of pressure on the intervertebral discs.
How we help tennis players in Milpitas
At Family Chiropractic & Natural Healing Center, we help tennis players maintain full range of motion and prevent injury using the following modalities:
- Spinal adjustment: improves range of motion in the spinal joints, while boosting circulation and mitigating back pain.
- Decompression: gently relieves pressure on the spine, and allows for rehydration of the intervertebral discs.
- Tennis-specific stretching: focuses on the upper and lower extremities, as well as the core complex of muscles.
Our treatment supports better range of motion and circulation and contributes to the mitigation of back pain. It also improves nervous system function and coordinates your body’s biomechanics to help you excel on the court. If you are interested in using our natural modalities to help your tennis game, give our office in Milpitas a call to schedule an appointment today.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.