Athletes in Milpitas, Chiropractic Helps you Heal!
Athletes put their bodies under stress, it’s up to us to help mitigate the damage
In the pursuit of specialization that many athletes enter in preparation for their sport, they put their body through all kinds of motions that can cause injury. Even though you are doing your body a great service by building muscle and improving cardiovascular function, (among many other things), your body is likely taking on more impact than a person who takes no exercise. This impact varies in degrees, especially depending on the sport, but all impact is likely to cause degradation. We seek to limit the degree of degradation and therefore, lower your likelihood for injury.
All that being said, athletic injuries do still occur in MIlpitas
The most common injuries to befall an athlete are sprains, strains and tears that result from trauma, whether forceful or repetitive in nature. Here is how we help treat the injuries:
- Chiropractic adjustment: restoring alignment to the spine, alleviating nerve impingement, restoring function to spinal joints.
- Spinal mobilization: low-force adjustments target a spinal segment to improve range of motion.
- Myofascial release: reducing pain allows you to focus on stretching and strengthening, an integral part of rehabilitating an injury.
- Improving circulation: circulation brings the necessary nutrients and oxygen to an injury which facilitates the repair process.
- Ice and heat: further improves circulation and facilitates the healing process.
Treating athletic injuries with chiropractic in Milpitas
Ideally, we would begin helping before the injury occurs! In support of preventing injuries in the first place, we evaluate the body to determine spinal imbalance that can also affect muscles and detect points of tension in the musculature that can leave you prone to injury. If you want to find out how chiropractic can optimize your athletic life, give our office in Milpitas a call to schedule an appointment today.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.